• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Tool?

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2019 Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the creative cloud along with all of Adobe programs. I needed to make a 3D text and open the dimension program.  I am unable to find any way to create 3D text. Is this program not able to create 3D text? I know it does I just can not find it. 3D text is the most basic feature available on any 3D program.  I have spent more time trying to figure this out and could have just downloaded a free 3D program to do this. I am just not wanting to accept that this program does not have this function. Can someone please tell me how to access this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that Dimension doesn't do any modeling so far. But Photoshop can make 3D text, which you could export as STL and import that into Dimension.

3dtext.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3d text is not a basic tool but an option

1. 3d Objects [in the shape of Text] is a standard tool of Photoshop as Colin shows

2. text as in a vector which changes size to match a 3d object is not possible in Dimension [yet]... it is one of the tools listed on the dev teams 'to do list' https://feedback.adobedimension.com/forums/552559-adobe-dimension-feature-requests/suggestions/31410... and you can vote for it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, Its not a big deal really. Honestly did not get the Adobe package for the Dimension program but thought I would quickly use it to do some simple 3D text. It would be a nice feature though having it there. I ended up doing in my 3D max 2020 how I knew I could, as usual I turned a simple 5 min thing on my list into more than I wanted, 3D max gets a way from me with all the toys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes I'm the same with Fuse... can easy spend a full day in there just doodling a new character

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines