• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The ruler in Dimension is not proportional to itself

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the middle of my first 3D rendering project for a fancy house under construction, using Adobe Dimension and "inches" as my unit of measurement for the app's ruler. (I have switched between my windows laptop and my partners macbook air using the cloud file storage.) It is not until now that I am coming full circle around the perimeter of the building, knitting it all together, when I've realized that the dimensions taken directly and specifically from the blueprint do not add up within the Dimension UI, leaving gaps at the back of the house between where the last 2 walls should meet, among other proportion issues now rearing their heads such as posts a set distance away from the patio doors not adding up. Even summing up the total length of the wall faces on 2 different directional sides of the building (there are various points where rooms poke out and/or recess from the next/last room behind them) and creating an object of that length doesnt line up with the edges of the building.

I really hope what I'm saying makes sense. I am truly at a loss on what to do aside from fudging everything so it looks kind of OK and hope that it's acceptable. I am super confused as to how this could happen. I understand that "inches" is not an electronic measurement, but please, if anyone can help me fix this problem, I would really appreciate it. For a side of the building to go from 711 inches total on the plans to being about 660 inches in Dimension, despite each wall's length figure adds up to 711, is really confusing.

Thanks for reading.

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , Mac , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be clear, I should add that when i talk about the rooms poking out and recessing, the fact different rooms walls show differently in position on the exterior of the house is by design, shown in the plans itself. My issue is with the accumilative error of the smaller measurements not squaring up with total measurements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes 3D space does not = real world measurements but people keep asking for inches and centimetres because it's what they understand and the Dev team like their job so you get a guess-derment when you type in amounts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines