• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

There has been a problem causing the application to stop working properly.

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

sundely have this problem when I open a dn File:

"There has been a problem causing the application to stop working properly."

It just happen with this file and I tried on different computers … its sad because I worked 8 hours an this project.

Thank you!

Mike

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Hi,
try to create a new empty document and import the file that you created earlier ... I had it with the 8Gb file, it did not open, but after importing to a new document it did. After importing, I suggest that you immediately reduce the size of the object.
If you have a complex project with many objects, I exported each of them (Ctrl + E) to GLB. Remember the XYZ coordinates when exporting objects. Then I created a new document and I applied already reduced GLB objects and saved them to the new s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
try to create a new empty document and import the file that you created earlier ... I had it with the 8Gb file, it did not open, but after importing to a new document it did. After importing, I suggest that you immediately reduce the size of the object.
If you have a complex project with many objects, I exported each of them (Ctrl + E) to GLB. Remember the XYZ coordinates when exporting objects. Then I created a new document and I applied already reduced GLB objects and saved them to the new scenery ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! That worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open it with any other 3d app and reexport it. Then Import in Dn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Crazy! I have the same problem, and they Said they Never heard about this before. In my case the Situation has been escalated. My Mac had problems with the software cause of the dimension that damaged the graphic card.

for more then a week they been saying they will call back. And every day again the same story, they are not returning calls. I'm in amiddle of a huge project and I'm basically stuck because of them.

I'm an industrial designer and I had been searching for an app that will be easy for Mac. I will definitely not put my trust again in dimension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines