• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Traingular shapes?

Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm rather a newby with Dimension, but I hope I find a solution for something I'm trying.
I'm builing a wall for a house simulation where in the top floor the wall is recling. 
I've been looking to build this with block shapes, made out of cubes. Everything is ok, until the last part near the roof where I would need a triangular block. 
Can this be created somehow?
Thanks for any tips!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Here is 2 triangular object one created from Cone (slice angle: 360, but it not possible to change depth). And Cilender: Settings are available for that triangular is shown in property panel. Are they acceptable fo you?

a.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use Prism from assets or Basic Shape (Cone). Basic Shapes have properties that you can customize and get your prism.

Here is video about how to use Basic Shapes in Dn

https://youtu.be/d8WnTChQP0I

Screenshot 2021-04-05 210643.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ares, I already tried out prism. but I struggle to get a tringle block with overall the same thickness and the a 90 degr corner and two 45 degr. Also with Cone I get stuck with getting one corner 90 degr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can creat it in Photoshop, export as obj and import into Dn. Or try to create compund object and group it before using in Dn.

You can also use Microsoft 3d buider as it allows to make boolean operations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is 2 triangular object one created from Cone (slice angle: 360, but it not possible to change depth). And Cilender: Settings are available for that triangular is shown in property panel. Are they acceptable fo you?

a.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is interesting! The Cilinder looks pretty ok actually, despite its name ;-).
I could lower it and then tilt it over 90 degr. 
Was this created with Photoshop too? And would it also be possible to create a 30-90-60 degr. triangle this way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop you can draw any pixel shape on transparent background and create 3d object. Or you can use vector tools to create path or vector shape and create 3d object from the path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try that. Do you know of any video instruction that does a demo of these steps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great, thank you very much @Ares Hovhannesyan 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines