• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

transparency issue on render

Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a model of a bottle in Blender. There is an inner smaller "contents" and a larger outer "bottle" object. The inner has a graphic applied to it as a fill, and the outer is set as a glass material. In the design view it looks as expected, but on render or in the render preview, there are stripes appearing on the surface of the outer where it appears to be taking on the fill of the inner. 

The first pic is the render, the 2nd is a screenshot of the design view with render preview on, the right bottle having the outer bottle layer turned off to reveal just the inner contents object. The 3rd pic is a screenshot of the design view without render preview.

I don't understand what these stripes are or  how to get them to not be there.

NO_PaprikaGround_BarryCylinder_7PaperSaladDressing2.jpgScreen Shot 2020-10-08 at 3.36.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-08 at 3.43.30 PM.png

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

I've somewhat solved my problem. I had created the bottle to actually have thickness - the solids that I 'd used to create the contents/inner object I'd subtracted from the outer/bottle object with a boolean modifier in blender. So the stripes were where the inner part of the bottle were interfering with the content solid within. By constructing the bottle to be not hollow, it solved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've somewhat solved my problem. I had created the bottle to actually have thickness - the solids that I 'd used to create the contents/inner object I'd subtracted from the outer/bottle object with a boolean modifier in blender. So the stripes were where the inner part of the bottle were interfering with the content solid within. By constructing the bottle to be not hollow, it solved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

well done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines