• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to scale non-proportionally

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I've been running into the problem in which I am unable to scale non-proportionally. I am not holding down shift and neither are any of the models I'm scaling locked to scale proportionally. The only way to fix this problem at the moment is to uninstall Dimension with settings erased and reinstall. Did I accidentally change some settings within my program? Please help!

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

it was possible but Adobe changed the way their tools work

in V1-2 you have clearly different options for select and scale

Screenshot (3996).png

in V3 they changed it to a basic select tool and the current V3.2.1 has been changed to default locked on select

now this is why I wanted to be clear because you said Scale tool and that defaults to S... the Scale tool DOES use shift to lock and unlock

sounds like you are in fact using the Select tool V by default and yes that ignores shift

Screenshot (461).png

p.s, don't waist time look

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i assume you use a laptop with sticky keys

scale works correct for me on both my systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I'm using an iMac - it has its own separate keyboard. It also happens randomly even when I have not touched the shift key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the scale tool?

Screenshot (450).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thanks for the tip, but I thought it was possible to scale on V - proportionally with Shift held down, and non-proportionally when not. I'm just not understanding why that works sometimes and why it doesn't other times. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it was possible but Adobe changed the way their tools work

in V1-2 you have clearly different options for select and scale

Screenshot (3996).png

in V3 they changed it to a basic select tool and the current V3.2.1 has been changed to default locked on select

now this is why I wanted to be clear because you said Scale tool and that defaults to S... the Scale tool DOES use shift to lock and unlock

sounds like you are in fact using the Select tool V by default and yes that ignores shift

Screenshot (461).png

p.s, don't waist time looking for help files about these changes because Adobe didn't make any

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow,,Thank you so much. I was used to V1. I looked through search, etc...I struggled so much until now.
Really helpful...Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just right click on the select tool icon and deselect align to scene, that will solve your problem. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, thanks very much. This helped. I was having the same problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most welcome...Brother 🤝

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

wow, another gem on this forum!! thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines