Exit

update 2019

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys

sorry for my English.

Today I've update Dimension, but now I've lost more free material in the program:

Metal Galvanized

Aluminium

Titanium

I can't find it anywhere! Help me please

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tatiana,

In this update, most of the starter assets in Dimension were replaced with Substance Materials.

Names and appearances may have changed but the materials are much more customizable.

More info on Substance Materials can be found here: Supported material file types

Let us know if you run into any other questions!

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

translation = yes Adobe update buggered your files but any Dn file that uses the missing materials will still have a copy inside which you can use the dropper to get

Workaround to repair the mess because you do want these materials in your Dimension UI...

If you made backups before trusting Adobe updates then skip these steps

to get them back you will have to install the old version of Dimension

repair_the_update01.png

repair_the_update02.png

any of the older versions have the files you need

repair_the_update03.pngrepair_the_update04.png

this will roll back your Dimension to recover the material assets

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

repair_the_update05.png

to bring the missing assets into the current version of Dimension follow these steps;

• rename the old assets folder so you keep a copy

repair_the_update06.png

• now install the update

repair_the_update08.png

Note that the new version is just Dimension not Dimension CC... that opens a different can of worms but it helps you tell them apart

repair_the_update14.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

copy the missing materials out of the old metal folder and drop them into the new translucent folder... not the new metal folder because they changed the naming system on some of their codes

repair_the_update09.png

repair_the_update10.png

repair_the_update11.png

at this point your ui will have the materials {and they work!} but the change in name system buggers the deplay icons

• to repair the icons just rename them [remove the underline and the word thumb]... this will allow Dimension to display the icons

repair_the_update12.pngrepair_the_update13.png

final note; "aluminum" will just show as "material"... I don't feel hacking the subcode is worth the effort to fix this & the material works so its just because of the inconsistent naming system used by the coders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I really love u!

Tnx!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines