• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using unsupported video cards

Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded my video card to a PNY Quadro M6000, and quickly realized it doesn't work when attempting to 'render via GPU'. 

Adobe support went through hours of attempts to understand the issue (including trying to tell me it isn't powerful enough hah) before telling me that my video card isn't supported because it was released a year before Dimension was released. I've never heard of such a thing, that a piece of hardware must be newer than the software, seems weird, right?

Anyway, I'm wondering if there is any possible workaround in order to use an unsupported video card? Also wondering if Adobe has any plans to support a wider array of cards in the future? 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Feature request , Hardware , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1st, that is wrong info mate Gpu rendor was a test bed for a hand full of cards \ drivers... once you upgraded the drivers away from the single one they coded for it busted and the age of your Gpu has little to do with anything

https://feedback.adobedimension.com/forums/552559-adobe-dimension-feature-requests/suggestions/17433...

work around = no not for unsupported Gpu cards but if you have one of the 5 or so tested then rolling back to the old driver will get it working again... imo you are best to wait as changes should be coming soon

p.s, don't talk to Adobe support, goto the feedback forum instead

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines