• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Very new to Dimension & have some questions

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. I am new to Dimension and have some questions. 

I design cycling apparel and very interested in showing it off in 3D. There are some 3d templates that I can buy from Yellowimages but I thought, maybe it's possible that I can create my own 3D object to apply my design to? I have played with Dimension briefly. Just applying design to objects. 

The questions are: 

1. How do I start?

2. I design everything in Illustrator where I have a 2D template. Can I export the files/template to Dimension and make it 3D?

3. Are there tutorials Dimension for Dummies? 🙂

Many thanks!!!

Cindy

TOPICS
How to , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021
1. How do I start?

download the software from Adobe and see if your Mac can run it before waisting your time learning new software is my recommend

2. I design everything in Illustrator where I have a 2D template. Can I export the files/template to Dimension and make it 3D?

you can design in Illustrator yes but I would avoid 2D templates... you would send your designs to Photoshop in order to convert them to 3D obj files [this is a new skill set]

• if you want to make your own models then ime you

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. How do I start?

download the software from Adobe and see if your Mac can run it before waisting your time learning new software is my recommend

you can design in Illustrator yes but I would avoid 2D templates... you would send your designs to Photoshop in order to convert them to 3D obj files [this is a new skill set]

• if you want to make your own models then ime you are better off learning a true 3D software like Blender [free]
  • I also recommend you take a quick look at the free models in Adobe Stock... if something there meets your needs then yippee

Screenshot (1003).pngScreenshot (1004).pngScreenshot (1005).pngScreenshot (1006).png

3. Are there tutorials Dimension for Dummies?

the internet is full of tutorials and most of them are crappy but a few include the sample files and these at least say the maker has tested their results before waisting your time

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/dimension/tutorials.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much!!!!! @Ussnorway 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines