Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

viewport doesnt show any assets

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am trying to test out Dimension but have no luck and getting pretty frustrated with it. 

When I open the program I have a gray background. If a drag something from the assets libary it shows up in the list but I can not see it in the viewport. Some with importing my own meshes.

I am seasoned 3d artist so I am fimaliar with navagation and selecting and zooming. I have the latest version of dimension loaded, I have the latest graphic card driver for my nvidia cards installed. I am on a PC not a mac.

I use 3ds max, blender, UE4, substance painter, photoshop and Illustrator with out any issues visual issues.

When I test the system requirments everything says its fine.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Alex

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sounds like Adobe can't detect your Gpu and your best option moving forward is to join the Adobe Dimension prerelease and try that build because others have come back and confirmed the test build doesn't have the same issues

sorry this forum doesn't allow dirrect links but you can get to the prerelease | feedback spaces here https://feedback.adobedimension.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I will try and get on the prerelease and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Windows Graphics Settings you can add applications and set the options to use a particular GPU. It could be that currently Dimension is not finding your high performance GPU, and the power saving one is not powerful enough. Try adding Dimension and setting one, then the other, GPU, to see if that solves things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the info unforuntely it didnt work for me.

Right now its really unusable to me unless there is any other ideas.

Thanks

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is another post about Dimension not working on a Mac that has the same graphics card that I have. It could be that Dimension has some issues with recognizing GPUs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes Adobe Dimension has major issues seeing the Gpu... especially Windows

your best option is to try the prerelease... that is where the dev team puts their efforts and your best chance to find a build which will boot on your system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines