Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Volumetric gradient fill in adobe dimensions

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Is it possible to fill volumetric gradients in adobe dimensions. For example a transparent cylinder with high color density on the axis and the transparency falls off away from the axis. (I want to creat a 3d laser beam using dimensions).

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure. I have similar task in the past and went to After Effects to add laser beam to my image. Or you can render Ps file from Dn then open Ps and use Lighting Effect from Filters to achive desire effect.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes and no, Transparency maps in Dimension are black or white and yes you can use gradients but they don't look very good because you only have on or off... not really a fade

volumetric gradients are just colour so yes you can have them... imo it sounds like you need to make the 'beam' in Dimension then add the 'fade' \ transparency in after effects or Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines