• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird Blur spots where object meets ground plane

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a basic box laying on the ground and as you can see by my photo there are a few blur spots on render output, but not when I preview the interactive render. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I can just photoshop it but I would like to figure it out in AD.Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 10.02.52 PM.png

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's shadow not bur and fixing it requires material (ground/ box) or light adjustment with the simplest fix of additional sunlight aimed at the front box face

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I tried applying a directional light at the front of the box and the shadow/blurs still appear!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set shadows color to background color or set light color to background color

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have the same issue, and it's most visible when I render 'pseudo' ortho views. For example this is a render of a front view of an object: 

Schermata 2021-03-24 alle 20.22.15.png

In this render the blur shows up in a couple of points where the object touches the horizontal plane, but the plane is turned off in the settings, so the shadows are surely nothing to do with it, as some of you suggested. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes that is camera blur i.e, focus point set to make blur and is a different thing to what the op has showed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in my project I have the camera depth of field turned off. I also think mines and OP's issue are the same: if you zoom in on his image there are severeal similar artefacts on the edges touching the plane, for example:

Schermata 2021-03-24 alle 22.58.00.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share file to test via Creative Cloud or other clouds drivers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure here you guys go! I don't see the glitch of interactive render which makes me think it's not a lighting issue.

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/6e298144-5d0d-4820-7d9b-225476c154be 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File looks empty. Can you check again? Thank. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been able to reproduce the issue with a simple sequence of steps. I'm using Dimension 3.4.1 on a 2017 iMac running Big Sur 11.2. It seems to be depending on a certain combination of scene elements, materials, colors and render quality.

Here are the steps:

- open app

- add a cone

- assign material 'plastic' 

- assign color 'black'

- turn off horizontal plane

On my machine, this sequence will produce this render (PNG, High quality):

Senza titolo.png

With render quality set to medium the problem is still there, seemingly in the same spot, but less pronounced. With low quality it seems to disappear completely.

Turning on the ground plane makes the error disappear - but OP had ground plane activated so that might not be the issue.

In my case I could also not reproduce the issue with a cube, but the cone had it - again, OP had cubes so the shape should not be the issue (although I originally noticed the issue on a truncated cone shape).

I then played with the materials: it looks like black plastic makes the issue become more visible. I've tried red plastic and there were no problems, as there were no apparent problems with the stock 'metal' material.

I also tried other dark gray materials like 'lined shiny paper' (sorry if this is not the correct english name, my interface is in another language) and 'ceramic tiles', and both materials presented the issue, but somewhat less pronounced than the black plastic. 

Also, while keeping an eye on the rendering itself, the problem does not appear until the very end: when the render finishes the still frame of the finished work presents the problem, but there are no traces of it during the progress.

Finally, I tried to change the camera position and the problem popped up again, roughly of the same size and intensity,  , always at the contact between the shape and the invisible plane, but seemingly in a different spot.

So, if we cross OP's and my project it seems like the only common point is the black color. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i rednered the PSD file, i noticed the weird blur spots only when i have the reduced noise version turned OFF. It looked fine with that off in abother layer.

Here is a link to the file is you would like to try: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QHywthrRq58WrkB1-F8rV-yWAhbLlWLg/view?usp=sharing 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this  after reducing Reflection Opacity, Shadow Opacity and Reflection Roughtness to "0" value and rendering with high quality.(with Render Noise Reducing ON) Did you try with these parametrs?

XL-Current View.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was a solution ever discovered where I don't have to have the ground plane on and all set to 0% just to not have blur spots? 

My spots only show up in medium and high render when the ground plane option is off. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

in my case, its normally a problem in the Noise Reduction process..
If I do a PSD file, there I can compair the one with the Noise Reuction, and the one with out it.
And there it shows...
But cant pinpoint the problem really yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines