• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When will Dimension be compatible with M1 Macs?

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got a new laptop and am shocked that Dimension cannot be installed, even with Rosetta. When will the program be working on M1 macs? Any updates at all? Can't find anyone else who is talking about this.

TOPICS
Download and install , Hardware , How to , Mac , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bet that was expensive... Anyway this forum is for users and the small Dev team never comes here so the uservoice forum is a better place to ask, maybe they can offer you a scaled down version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no reason to scale it down. My new macbook air can run circles around my 6 year old MBP, and it did run smoothly there....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also interested in this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then goto the uservoice forum and look there... its telling that the team is ignoring this question

https://feedback.adobedimension.com/forums/552559-adobe-dimension-feature-requests/suggestions/42169...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the feeling something big is about to happen in Dimension. I have been very active on the forums and usually at least the project manager Janette is really responsive. There hasn't been much activity from them at all. Seems like Adobe is trying hard to get Substance and Adobe products in-line and have parity there. Substance has a youTube conference at the end of the month... wonder if anything will be announced there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

6 Months later and we have had 1 bug fix update... hmm not feeling super enthusiastic right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm interested in this as well, has there been any update? I notice the link from Ussnorway is originally from a year ago.

My iMac 27 inch 2020 model doesn't use the M1 processor, but does run Big Sur, and I am having issues installing Dimension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but Adobe has abandon Dimension....no further updates...Now it's Adobe Stager by Substance and we have to pay additional fee per month to use it...thanks Adobe for abandoning Dimension user's. The more money to be made from the 'real' 3D users than plain designers already paying a monthly fee for Creative Cloud apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's true. It's on the list of discontinued products here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/discontinued-products.html

Unbelievable! Dimensions is one of the reasons I signed up to CC. Not impressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @defaultlzg91k2qa5w2,

That's not Adobe Dimension on the Discontinued Products list 🙂

The product on the list is Dimensions (note the plural) - a completely different 3D application that was discontinued in 2004. See Adobe Dimensions on the Adobe Wiki.

If you follow the excellent link posted by @Joseph Labrecque above, you'll find out that:

- Dimension will continue to be available to Creative Cloud subscribers.

- Dimension probably won't be getting any more feature updates, but will still be getting support updates (i.e. bug fixes and security patches).

Hope that helps 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stand corrected.

However, I have just discovered Dimension is available to me by going to the Preferences, Apps, then switching on 'Show Older Apps'.

I'm installing it now 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like an update just came out today to support M1 macs in emulation in Dimension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it does. Version 3.4.5 allows you to run Dimension with Rosetta. I was pleasantly surprised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Colin Holgate is there something I need to do to make it so that I can "Open using Rosetta"? I'm not getting that option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had myself confused for a minute there. If an app is Universal, you can choose to open it in Rosetta. If it's Intel only, you run in Rosetta without making any changes. My earlier comment was to say that Dimension does now work in Rosetta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw that there was an Intel version still under "Other Versions", so I tried to install that and see if I ran that with the "Open using Rosetta", but I don't get that option with that version either. The error I keep getting (now on both 3.4.4 and 3.4.5 is "A problem caused the application to stop working correctly." Which gives me really nothing to understand to troubleshoot, so I had started thinking it was a compatibility issue, but if it's not, can you help me better understand what is wrong so that I can open my file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the error message is a blank "we don't know what went wrong" and yes this is a compatibility error in most cases... if your system doesn't boot Dimension then my advise is move on to other software like Blender, Maya, Iclone [Windows only] or even Stager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines