• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where could Dimension fit into my workflow?

Contributor ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm starting to explore a lot more of the adobe applications, as I've been sitting almost exclusively in the "big four" (Ps, Ai, Pr, and Ae). I'm in the 3D design industry, meaning Max, Maya, Unreal, ZBrush, Unity, etc., and I was curious, where might Dimension fit into my workflow? I've opened it, and it seemed like a sort of weird software that lets me put 3D objects onto 2D objects, similar to what I might do with a textured plane before rendering something in Maya or an engine...am I missing out on the functionality here? Where do you guys think Dimension might fit into my workflow? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no thats what it does so you could use it to make a fast rendor to show off a model... much faster than Maya and allows you to play around with different materials on the same model for mock ups

crossbow.dn.1518139156560.png

you can also make the same scene in Photoshop but its faster in Dimension... early days yet but if the team add CC library then this tool will really take its true place

Wayfarer_Male.png

p.s, look into adding Adobe Fuse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use Dimension to create still images for online or print content. Understand Dimension as the VRay you install in Maya, Max, or SketchUp. They only render a scene that was prepared. The advantage I see in Dimension is its interface that shows the well-relational tessellations, before rendering. And also the very easy application of each material or effect.Adobe Dimension.jpgCoca 2.jpgLata.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines