Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White cast on black backgrounds

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,
I'm trying to determine the best way to handle white light casting onto my black backgrounds. In short, I have a white product and I want to render it on a black background, but the white tends to cast a nasty looking light onto the ground plane of the black. In a real-world situation, one might use a black card or something to try and alleviate this, but I wonder if anyone has any better solutions, or if there's something I'm missing here. See attached for example of the issue and thanks in advance for any ideas.

TOPICS
Bug , Creative , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

adjust the lights, add a new material to the base or change the camera angle will all do what you want... i would rendor it twice, once with ground and one without then Photoshop the two together

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adjust the lights, add a new material to the base or change the camera angle will all do what you want... i would rendor it twice, once with ground and one without then Photoshop the two together

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, appreciate the response. It's tricky, because if I add a material to the base the light wants to reflect on it and I can't seem to get anywhere near the black BG I have currently - as you say, it's a matter of adjusting the lights/angle, but it always seems that when I get one thing right another is out of whack and trying to find ways not to compromise the angle/lighting I want in order to get it to work.

In the end, the method of outputting multiple renderings and compositing them together is a solution I've employed quite a bit, just trying to see if there's a workaround anyone knows of that is quicker, as outputting multiple files for multiple products gets pretty laborious. Thanks again, I'll keep playing with it and see where I get

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines