• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrap-around label decal distorted on jar

Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 7.5in x 1.5in decal that would wrap around a small jar, almost all the way around. The last inch or so on both ends gets distorted when I apply it to the jar. I tried to drop the AI file and a JPG and both resulted in the same thing. 

After a closer look, it doesn't appear the software allows a full wrap-around style label. Any workarounds available or option to make it a feature request?

TOPICS
Feature request , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A decal doesn't wrap all the way around... You want a full for that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a full coverage design so it doesn't apply in this case. The label allows the far to show through at the top/bottom and about an inch gap end to end. So it doesn't wrap 100% around the jar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is known bug in Dn for sphere and oval object. Hope this will be fixed in upcoming builds.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was experiencing the same when trying to wrap a label around a basic cylinder. When the placed graphic comes too close to the top and/or bottom of the cylinder, the corners of the graphic disappear, cutting off in a distorted jagged way. 

When I create the whole bottle as a single wavefront obj, the label doesn't come as close to the top or bottom of the model so it doesnt distort. 

This seems problematic in the case of the op as the fill wants to completely cover the whole model, and is very difficult to control.5555at-2.51.08-PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes thats why you use a label but there are a few other tricks... just depends on the model mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming you mean "decal", not "label".

There may be "tricks", but this is definitely buggy. Not being able to have the graphic go to the edge of a model is prohibative and should be addressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is an update for Dn (version 3.4) that includes Export UV new feature. Can you try it and see does it solved your problem.

https://helpx.adobe.com/dimension/user-guide.html/dimension/using/exporting-model-uvs.ug.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines