• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add silver foil to text on box

Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how I can add silver foil effect to text on a box I have designed?

TOPICS
Creative , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

without seeing the files no because 'silver foil effect' could be a few things like; gloss, shine, reflection or all of them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reply, the metalic silver effect on "Dream Skin"and the gold foil on "Aeterna Gold".

R03635206_M.jpegCollagen Creme Serum box 150ml.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share any example what you mean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is capture from my file where I use Dn assets, decal and matching image with Dn background example. When you will add background please choose multiply light system from matching image panel or use them directly from light assets. That will allow you to edit your light independently.

Also use your label metallic, roughness properties to add metallic properties to texture. Remember that roughness approximately similar to blur effect. 

Annotation 2020-08-23 185342.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

for the "Dream Skin" I would enboss the text onto the normal map as shown in this image posted by Vitriol

made by Vitriolmade by Vitriol

for the gold on the other box I'd prob make that in V3 using the text tool because gold will be hard to rendor in that sort of hard light

if you post a share link to the Dn file we can make you a demo

edit: made in Photoshop 2018 and rendored in Dimension V2

two-cans-label.jpg

the Dn file

edit2 text example made in Dimension V3

foil-box-View-1.jpg

the Dn file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines