• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Book mockup with included Book Model - How do I size the Cover Graphic?

Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never used Dimension beyond a quick look, and I thought I would give it a try for a simple Book mockup. I have the cover in both Illustrator and Photoshop formats, but no matter what size I make the cover artwork it will not match the proportions of the 3D model. If I scale the artwork once placed on the model I either lose part of the title or image or I have blank spots that don't fill. If I try to scale the object after I place the art, it skews the artwork. I'm baffled.

I saw one post with a video about UV mapping and I tried that, but it really just made things worse. This seems like the simple thing this program was meant for so I'm sure I'm missing something basic. Any suggestions appreciated.

----------- MacBook Pro 16 | 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 | 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 (RAM) | AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB
TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Okay, I figured it out. My brain was only thinking about the front cover, not the entire cover that wraps around the book. Duh. So basically you have to think of it as if you were actually printing a physical book, with the cover+spine+back all one image.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, I figured it out. My brain was only thinking about the front cover, not the entire cover that wraps around the book. Duh. So basically you have to think of it as if you were actually printing a physical book, with the cover+spine+back all one image.

----------- MacBook Pro 16 | 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 | 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 (RAM) | AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines