• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dimension Bringing My Mac to its knees

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to Dimension and have completed a fairly involved table-top game mock up with a lot of components.  Towards the end, Dimension began running so slowly that it is unusable.  I'm running it on an iMac 3 Ghz 6-Core i5 with 16 Gb of ram.  The image I've created is below.  What are some things to check?  Have I simply created too many objects? Component View 2.png

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this some kind of Tafe course because you are the 5th person making game mock ups on this forum 😉

yes... your poor Mac only has 16 G Ram (some of which has to actually run the computer) and a I5 so the bottom line is; you need a better system or less complex scene

1. sort term = do 1 rendor at a time because asking your computer to do 2 or more at once takes up more Ram & you just don't have it
  2. if you know someone with a Ryzen computer then maybe ask them to run off the rendors for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, you can also render part by part and build one image in Ps that can be also solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines