• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extremely Large Files

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project where the combination of several object files converted from CAD drawings has led my Dimension file size to be 1.4Gb in size.  I've tried saving the entire scene as an OBJ file however then it ends up close to 3GB in file size.  

When I try to render it, it crashes my Dell computer to a blue screen.  The image below is the best i have been able to get so far.  I used a "medium" render for this.  I don't know why the blue (glass texture) was partially rendered.  

Any advise on trying to decrease filesize or make it so that I can render would be great. 

System:

Intel Inspiron 7786 with the following:

Processor:  Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz

RAM: 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)

64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Windows: Windows 10 Pro

Version:  20H2
OS Build:  19042.906

Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

DEMO.png

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

your best long term option is to add another 16G of Ram if you want to rendor large \ complex files... another computer with more Ram will rendor that image on high which is really what you want so that it looks good instead of cutting the file size down which will also lower the value of the image

the blue glass boils down to your system doesn't have the power to rendor on high and your file was converted... I would change the glass material to the glass that is in assets and then change the colour to blue but 16G Ram is the bigger issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines