Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to export an obj model and handle it in html5/javascript

Participant ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I need use a 3d ambient (made with dimension) in web pages and interact with it with javascript.
Can somone sugest tutorial and template for this purpose?  

Thanks.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

javascript is old code that a lot of new devices block so I assume you are doing this for a school project

suggest something = from Dimension to Areo is the only thing Adobe has that even comes close... and that has major issues but should work well if you have an i-device to test on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for you reply.
Read you answer, about that javascript is an obsolete code, surprise and scary me (I have a lot of app made with js).
I need to kow more abaut this to scary me much more or less 😄 (it depend from your answer).
Which are the devices who block js?
Thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am hoping that Ussnorway was thinking of Java. That is blocked on iOS.

One option, that I didn't quite perfect yet, is that you can export the model or scene as GLB, and those drag and drop into Animate. If I could just work out how to then control the camera, it would be a fast way to get Dn scenes into a JavaScript controlled HTML5 environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Java is its own can of worms Colin... be aware that the Glb format drops data and most people use Fbx [2014 is stable] for online work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines