• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple UDIMs

Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to render a low-poly model in Dimension that has multiple UDIMs. I can't figure out how to add the 8 normal maps that are baked for it in ZBrush. How do I tell the material in Dimension that it should use a sequence of images when it comes to normal maps? 

Screenshot 2021-02-24 122410.jpg

TOPICS
How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a model has 1 normal map for each UV [area] so you;

1. have made a model out of different parts that then fit together or
  2. made the model with layers and now need to bake \flaten them into a sigle map

translation = your model needs to be fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you didn't understand my question. If you have no idea what a multiple UDIM workflow is, you are welcome to apply to one of my courses. I teach the subject.

https://257designstudio.com 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Adobe Dimension is NOT a Machinima system and therefore only has the one single normal map \ texture per area i.e, 1 UV map only
  2. however you can use a layer system on a model to generate the same effect; so for example a model ball could be plastic material with a basic low polly texture and then have say metal material with a high polly texture wrapped around the plastic... this allows you to rendor different high \ low polly looks by simple toggle of the material layers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no connection between machinima systems (I think you mean, real-time rendering engines) and multiple UDIMs. Both real-time engines (like Unreal 4) and raytrace renderers (like Arnold) support multiple UDIMs.

Furthermore, there is no such thing as a low-poly texture. I think you want to talk about layered materials, but there is no point in creating a layered material with plastic attributes BEHIND metallic attributes, as one will cover the other, metal is not transparent. So I honestly can't figure out what you're trying to say, but with all due respect, I am 99% convinced that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines