• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No improvements with the update

Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have the same issues with Dimension as I had before the update.

First point:

Dimenision tells me I'm not connected to Creative Cloud.
Creative Cloud Desktop app tells me: everything is fine.

DimensionIssue_1.png

Second point:

Whatever object I drag in the work area is not visible. I can see the objects on the objects list, but that's it.

DimensionIssue_2.png

I have these issues for weeks, and I hoped the update brings a fix. 

TOPICS
Bug , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

After signing out of the cc desktop app and signing again, I started Dimension and got an error message that I have to sign in with no further explanations. Then I started Illustrator, and there I saw the reason: There was still a connection  between the account and the old PC.

I was able to unsign from the old PC in that dialog box. 

Now I can start Dimensions without the cloud error message.

Nevertheless, when I create an object, the main problem remains that it is not visible in the work area.

B

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a.png

Which version are in screenshot? Cloud and return icon isn't appear in my latest build?

Also did you try Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation issues
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right. On my private PC, Dimension is running without any issues, and there is no cloud symbol. I assume you can see that symbol only if Dimension thinks there is no cloud connection for whatever reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to signout from your account from on your private PC and try on new one? May be there is any conflict with your Adobe ID?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my private PC, I've got a private account. This has nothing to do with my company account. On my company account, I sign in and out regularly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. you only see that icon when there is an error
  2. Dimension can not see the creative cloud app on your system so shows the error icon... its an error at your end and will be notwork network related but we can't help without more details

• what build of Dimension?
  • Apple Mac or Windows?
  • is this a personal, school or enterprise account?
  • Vpn, school proxy server... is Adobe creative cloud running in the background BEFORE starting Dimension?
  • actual system specs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dimension version: 3.4.1

Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2 Build 19042.804

Enterprise Account

Adobe Creative Cloud is running in the background, and it is connected. All other CC Applications (PS, Illustrator, InDesign, Animate, etc.) have no such issues.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz

16.0 GB Ram

NVIDIA Quadro Pro P2200 driver version 461.40 (latest)

The whole system had a clean installation 2 months ago. Everything has worked fine without any issues except Dimension. I had the installation on an older PC last year, and Dimension worked as it should. Actually, I've got the new PC to have a bit more power for 3D applications. At least, Blender works 😉

nevertheless, it would be great to get this running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the senario you describe has happened to me before... in my case (and I assume yours) Dimension is linked to the old computer and thinks you are trying to run your enterprise account on two machines

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds reasonable, but how come? The old PC is gone. I had a fresh installation on the new PC 2 or 3 months ago. There is no link between the old and the new PC. Therefore I assume that this information ("Dimension is linked to the old computer") comes from the Adobe cloud. The question is, how to get rid of it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to sign out from CC and then go to https://account.adobe.com to check with your account details. 

If you find any strange thing  please use How to contact Adobe support - Adobe Support Community - 11843852 

link to contact support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After signing out of the cc desktop app and signing again, I started Dimension and got an error message that I have to sign in with no further explanations. Then I started Illustrator, and there I saw the reason: There was still a connection  between the account and the old PC.

I was able to unsign from the old PC in that dialog box. 

Now I can start Dimensions without the cloud error message.

Nevertheless, when I create an object, the main problem remains that it is not visible in the work area.

BTW: I tried to find the section where I could manage my devices with my online account. No way. I just couldn't find it. It must be a top-secret place. I've found these instructions from 2016: https://community.adobe.com/t5/digital-editions/manage-authorized-devices/m-p/3948262#M11277

But as it seems, Adobe moved this area to another place. Does anybody know how to find the "Activated devices" section on your Adobe account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe moved this area to another place. Does anybody know how to find the "Activated devices" section on your Adobe account?

By @blck77

no Adobe is made up of little bubbles that don't talk to each other

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe moved this area to another place. Does anybody know how to find the "Activated devices" section on your Adobe account?

By @blck77

no Adobe is made up of little bubbles that don't talk to each other

By @Ussnorway

Ahhhh, thanks for that hint. I thought it's just confusion on Adobe's side. Good to know that this is the world-renowned "small bubbles" strategy 😂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines