Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Noise in rendered selection masks

Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There is major noise in the selection masks even on straight line primitives.

Is there a way to fix this? I'm already rendering at 7000px on the longest axis.

Adding blur in Photoshop just makes the lines all mushy.

TIA

noise_in_selection_masks.jpg

TOPICS
Bug , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

I test you model and can confirm noise. It happens not only with your model but any primitive model that have been placed on scene at any angle. I think this can be removed only in Ps or any other raster app. but it not so easy as it result of perfect pixel feature. May be creating new vector mask with inside offset or feather can remove this noise.

I try to find any possibility to improve it in Dn but the only thing is to make it strict to baseline. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which primitive you use? Need right one to test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ares!

It's 2 planes and a cube.

Here's my set-up

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i1uf3o8v763a33j/EMPTY_SET.dn?dl=0

Can't figure out if I've got a setting wrong or is that the smoothest it gets.

Giles

Giles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I test you model and can confirm noise. It happens not only with your model but any primitive model that have been placed on scene at any angle. I think this can be removed only in Ps or any other raster app. but it not so easy as it result of perfect pixel feature. May be creating new vector mask with inside offset or feather can remove this noise.

I try to find any possibility to improve it in Dn but the only thing is to make it strict to baseline. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ares,

Thanks for takling the time to test it and confirming that it is a Dimension issue.

Looks like I can only use this sofware for rough mockups now as retouching all the masks isn't an option for

me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines