• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Render cancels itself at 99%

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is only while rendering a large file at 300 dpi, 20 in x 20 in. 

However, my computer should absolutely be able to handle it. Please help if there are any solutions!

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im using the latest version of dimension, would be happy to share the file if that would help. if very simple

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've now tried at 20 in x 20 in, 200 dpi, at low quality, and it wont finish rendering. it hits 100% and then cancels. i can render at 10in x 10 in without this happening. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rendering is a complex process and the time for rendering to finish has many contributing factors. Cloud rendering is significantly faster than local rendering most of the times since it uses multiple computers connected on a cloud server to render.

• Hardware: The largest contributing factor to rendering time is the hardware of the machine. Rendering requires many calculations that powerful GPU and CPU components speed significantly. Review the system requirements for minimum and recommended hardware setups.
  • Resolution: The size of the render greatly impacts the time of renders. It is recommended that your preview renders at a lower pixel size to get a sense of the lighting before committing to a final resolution render. You can change the size of the render in Design Mode. You can change the size of the render using the document settings in Design Mode.
  • Materials: The combination of materials used in the scene has a high impact on render times. Plastics, metals, and matte materials render quickly while translucent materials like glass, water, or gels render more slowly.
  • GPU Rendering (Beta): Dimension has GPU accelerated rendering available as a beta feature, which can significantly speed up rendering by utilizing the GPU for advanced calculations. To learn more about the GPU rendering (beta) requirements, see Dimension system requirements.

I think it depends on the document size and may be 20inx20in overload limitation. Did you try to render Ps file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ares, 

Thanks for the response. Yes i render as Ps files, but ive also tried it as a png with no success.

I reviewed the chapter you suggested, no fix there, but always good to review. 

is 20 x 20 too large? I'm not sure i understand. Im looking into learning blender if it doesnt work, but ive already invested a lot into dimension, and i like it alot, so id prefer to continue with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you exporting your project to? Mac, Windows, external HD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thank you for the response. 

Im running windows, exporting the render straight to a hard drive!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem... I tryied to uninstall and reinstall and work it again for 3 o45 renders......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines