Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rendered image looks pixelated

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

i am using this .obj file: https://unblast.com/free-apple-watch-series-5-3d-model-max/

The 3D model was originally created in 3Ds MAX. I can easily import the .obj file in dimension and also assign materials. But when I render the image, it looks like this, even though the resolution is 2048x2048px:

Unbenannt-Aktuelle Ansicht.png

Of course I set the render quality to high

Why does the result look so bad compared to the original rendered image with 3Ds MAX?

What am I doing wrong? How can I improve the result?

I haven't changed my scene. All standard.

Thanks for your answer

TOPICS
Bug , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please review https://helpx.adobe.com/dimension/using/supported-file-types.html where you can find what kind pf polygons , normals ussed Dn and how to care about imported files quality before importing into Dn. Hope this can help to solve the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't see anything "pixelated"?

however imo the case looks better with square mesh faces if the pin hole isn't a deal bustersquare-vs-triangles-View-2.jpg

[edit] p.s, another simple option is to add grain... this does use up more Cpu + Ram however

apple3-test3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines