• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Adobe Dimension render output for commercial printing

Contributor ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone do this? How do you insure the applied materials are high enough resolution for let's say 300ppi/dpi printing?

I can select various resolutions for Substance material but what is a 4096px resolution mean? at what dimensions?

I know I can set the scene/canvas size, but what about the materials? Isn't like a photo scanned at specific size @a fixed dimension? and if you resize the photo the res changes? the material has to be a fixed size at a set ppi...so if it is applied to 12" sphere isnt the res different if applied to 2inch sphere?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1024 X 1024 square is the standard for 3/4 D work or to put it another way 1024 X 2 X 2 = 4096... your print size of 300ppi doesn't matter and the 12" sphere is the same rez as your 2 inch sphere example. What matters for material resolution is detail and the size you pick depends on both the model and that detail, for example a 2" sphare could get away with only 512 because its basic colour but a label with text wrapped around that sphare would need to be at least 1024 to allow the text to be focus correctly in the rendor so to answer your basic question of "how long is a pice of string" we say more detail = higher rez but it higher rez also = more work for your Cpu to do and therefore longer rendor times

p.s, 1024 X 1024 is the standard but many Windows users [including myself] work in 2048 X 2048 because A we have the Cpu power to do it and B when you rendor at 2048 you can then scale it down to 1024 for a smooth look

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines