• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF File that was on cloud and shared, I clicked un-share and now cannot acccess it

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

Quite desperate.

A crucial workbook that I had completed on my phone did not seem to want to be re-sent (the option to send was not available to me). The option to send would not appear. I figured I would un-share the file and then be given the portion to re-share, whereupon I could select who I could/would share my completed pdf workbook.

After I clicked unshare and clicked back on the pdf file it says "Unable to open file" and "Unshared files can't be opened on the mobile device. Please open the file on the web or in your desktop app."

I cannot access the pdf file on the phone so I have come onto the laptop to access the file.

I have Adobe Reader on my laptop.

Please can you layou exactly how I can get access to the file I unshared around half an hour ago.

I have saved the file and sent it from my email account. When I tried to log into adobe my email address was not recognised so I have just set up an account to be able to submit this query.

So my first question would be how do I get access to the adobe cloud account I have open on my mobile phone right now (where the file I am told I cannot access is), to opening that pdf on my laptop?

Then, how can I open the most recent version of the file I had shared earlier today. Then how can I re-share and re-send that pdf file with others.

I would really really appreciate your help as soon as possible as I have a deadline of 5 pm (it is now 12:08 pm) here in the UK to submit this workbook

Please could you also layout, action by action, step by step (with screenshots if possible) as to how access the pdf file I have on my mobile phone. On my laptop, with Adobe Reader, how I access the most recent pdf file I ha shared (then unshared) and finally how to re-share and re-send that self-same pdf.

Thank you.

Thanks

TOPICS
Create PDF , Download and install , Export PDF , How to , Manage files , Share PDF , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

Sorry for the trouble.
If you had that file initially shared, you should be able to share it or send to someone or open it normally. Unless the file has got demaged due to some reason. 

You can visit to this portal:http://documentcloud.adobe.com/ login with your Adobe ID, this will let you see all the file that you have uploaded to DocumentCloud cloud drive. And you should be able to open it on a web browser.

Let us know if that works.

Regards,
Tariq  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there!

I hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble you had.

Please try sharing the original file again from the file list (such as recent, or starred) using the invite now workflow and check if you are still getting any error messages.

Please make sure you are not sharing the file from the 'Shared by You' folder. 

Thanks for your time and for your cooperation.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources