Highlighted

FAQ for Document Cloud View SDK

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will be a living document to provide answers to the most popular questions for Document Cloud View SDK. 

Is there any cost to using the View SDK. 

• No - the use of View SDK is free. 

Why would I use Adobe View SDK versus relying on native browsers? 

• Browsers have different implementations for viewing PDFs. So the experience across different browsers is inconsistent, which is often a concern for content owners. The Document Cloud View SDK will render pages in the same manner, regardless of browser or device. 

Why would I use Adobe View SDK versus other third-party PDF viewers? 

• The Document Cloud View SDK ensures an "Adobe Quality" experience.  The rendering engines ensure proper display of text and fonts, images, graphics, and page objects. 

If the SDK is free to use, how does Support work, if I have any issues? 

• Support questions should be posted in here, in the Document Cloud SDK Forum.  But Enterprise Clients may have an ETLA and in that case, they can submit requests through their support contact

Is it possible to map multiple un-related domains to the same client ID? I would like to use the same credentials across all of my domains.

• A single Client ID can be mapped to only one domain. You will need to generate a separate client ID for each domain. 

Is it possible to map multiple sub-domains to the same client ID?

• Yes. you can create a single client ID for the parent domain that contains all the sub-domains. However, our recommendation is to create separate credentials for each sub-domain

I have mapped my domain but later realized the entry was incorrect. How can I update the domain from your portal?

• It is not possible to change the domain associated with a client ID. However, as a workaround, you can generate a new set of credentials and map it to the desired domain

Is there a limit to the number of domains that I can map using the SDK?

• There is a limit. You can create up to 20 mappings of client IDs to domains. However, with an Enterprise license, there are no limits

What if I do not have Adobe Analytics setup? 

• Please check our documentation which explains how to set up integration with Adobe Analytics. 

Is there any cost for Analytics. 

• It depends on the Analytics product that is used. Please visit the Adobe Analytics website for more details. 

Topics

General, View SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

FAQ for Document Cloud View SDK

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will be a living document to provide answers to the most popular questions for Document Cloud View SDK. 

Is there any cost to using the View SDK. 

• No - the use of View SDK is free. 

Why would I use Adobe View SDK versus relying on native browsers? 

• Browsers have different implementations for viewing PDFs. So the experience across different browsers is inconsistent, which is often a concern for content owners. The Document Cloud View SDK will render pages in the same manner, regardless of browser or device. 

Why would I use Adobe View SDK versus other third-party PDF viewers? 

• The Document Cloud View SDK ensures an "Adobe Quality" experience.  The rendering engines ensure proper display of text and fonts, images, graphics, and page objects. 

If the SDK is free to use, how does Support work, if I have any issues? 

• Support questions should be posted in here, in the Document Cloud SDK Forum.  But Enterprise Clients may have an ETLA and in that case, they can submit requests through their support contact

Is it possible to map multiple un-related domains to the same client ID? I would like to use the same credentials across all of my domains.

• A single Client ID can be mapped to only one domain. You will need to generate a separate client ID for each domain. 

Is it possible to map multiple sub-domains to the same client ID?

• Yes. you can create a single client ID for the parent domain that contains all the sub-domains. However, our recommendation is to create separate credentials for each sub-domain

I have mapped my domain but later realized the entry was incorrect. How can I update the domain from your portal?

• It is not possible to change the domain associated with a client ID. However, as a workaround, you can generate a new set of credentials and map it to the desired domain

Is there a limit to the number of domains that I can map using the SDK?

• There is a limit. You can create up to 20 mappings of client IDs to domains. However, with an Enterprise license, there are no limits

What if I do not have Adobe Analytics setup? 

• Please check our documentation which explains how to set up integration with Adobe Analytics. 

Is there any cost for Analytics. 

• It depends on the Analytics product that is used. Please visit the Adobe Analytics website for more details. 

Topics

General, View SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the sample PDFs from Adobe work seemlessly, but when I point to PDFs on my project on localhost (in Laravel), I get a "Cross-Origin Request Blocked". Is there something else I need to know?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Add a group