• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

248 character limit for Adobe Cloud integration with sharepoint, which has a 400 limit

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know if I am in the right place,

It has been proven that using document cloud integration in Sharepoint to open pdfs will  absolutely not work if the file/folder/link character limit is over ~248. This means ANY pdf saved beyond that character limit up to 400 will not work with the integration of document cloud and sharepoint.

My organization is very excited about moving to Sharepoint due to the 400 character limit amongst other reasons.  If we use Document Cloud integration we are telling them to keep from writing the extra ~150 characters sharepoint allows?  I can forsee tons of calls per day to support asking why they dont have permissions (which is what the generic error is).

spot this is provenm is here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/enterprise-teams/microsoft-office-365-sharepoint-error-message/td-p/1...

and primarily here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-acrobat-online/unable-to-open-pdfs-in-sharepoint-online/m-p/112...

The answer is basically "deal with the limitation" from what I can see.  Is there no option or anything on the horizon to address this ambiguous error or allowing users access to the additional 150 characters Sharepoint allows? 

Adobe's Sharepoint integration, while awesome in theory, is completely useless due to this one crippling problem.  When you think of 150 more characters being 38% more folder character space, you are saying that 38% of the area they could be storing pdfs to would be unable to be used.

Any response to this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I 100% agree. Would love to know Adobe's response to this. It will cause a lot of headaches in my org to have to go through files and rename just as we are getting institutional buy-in on the premess that the switch will be easy and seamless. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reporting this issue. This forum is for DC Platform APIs. I have responded on https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-acrobat-online/unable-to-open-pdfs-in-sharepoint-online/m-p/112....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

excellent news.  now we play the waiting game.  Some Teams/Sharepoint features get missed by entire quarters.  Thanks for the update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources