• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ability to edit text in PDF documents online using Adobe APIs

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I looked into couple API / SDK products regarding ability to extract PDF text and resave the PDF with updated text and not sure which one to use. There's PDF Extract API which extracts info into JSON but not sure how to resave PDF using changed text:

https://www.adobe.io/apis/documentcloud/dcsdk/pdf-tools.html

I like an interface like following and can develop UI like that but need to know which Adobe products to emplyee:

Razi121_0-1619676370147.png

Looking forward to your feedback!

Imran

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF is a format utterly unsuited to what you want to do. I suggest you completely re-evaluate your requirements to find something which does not involve PDF text editing. If you are happy with the limited and frustrating editor in Acrobat, you may just need to roll out Acrobat on Mac or Windows for everyone. I'm not aware of anyone trying to bring this strange and ill-fitting tool to web services.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Idea is being able to minor text edits because a lot of customers in print industry don't have source files of PDF, and new technologies seems to allows that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources