Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe PDF Embed offline SDK

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is it possible to use Adobe PDF Embed offline in an application? Can anyone provide this SDK for download?

TOPICS
PDF Embed API

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Currently, we do not offer an offline solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, we do not offer an offline solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for this information. I want to make a suggestion. That is... Adobe needs an offline solution. Offering an offline solution would make this better for those who do not have access to the web or have poor website connectivity. I travel to many countries and help many people via PDF data. Some of these countries have places where the internet goes down for long periods. Any application I would build would lose this great functionality when there is an outage. Thanks so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't imagine us ever offering an offline solution for Embed API. Consider using the free Adobe Reader for offline viewing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thanks for the reply. I did consider Adobe Reader, in my case Acrobat DC. However for me to get the same functionality I have been able to get from the embed API I will need to create a plugin via IAC. Which I plan to do. I just have more to do to get such ready. I have searched hi and low for something (plugin or program) that can let another application control navigation and text selection of Acrobat Reader or DC. I cannot find anything even close. In this post it is recommended to me that some thing that could do it would be an application developed with the IAC (interapplication communication) interface. Like I said I plan to do that. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To control Acrobat/Reader from another application, you don't need a plugin. Just IAC. Look at this specific doc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far as I know, the APIs to control navigation externally are only in Acrobat, not in Acrobat Reader. This seems a deliberate omission.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the IAC documentation...

On Windows, the only OLE automation supported for Reader is the PDF browser controls interface, which enables you to treat a PDF document as an ActiveX document within an external application. This makes it possible to load a file, move to various pages within the file, highlight a text selection, and specify various print and display options.

PDF browser controls are available through the AxAcroPDFLib.AxAcroPDF interface,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right. I remember now what is missing; there is no API to discover the current page, but you can go to a page. Many people are stymied by this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, hope all is well. Do you mean that nothing needs to be constructed (developed, programmed)? I only said a plugin as an idea that something will have to be created that gives the type of control over the Acrobat applications similar to the embed API. Or is there something that does this already? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We are looking for offline solutions to embed a pdf viewer on a web based application running on a tooling machine. We've tried your player and it is very powerfull expecially for big documents. I think there are many use cases to provide such solution and should think about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources