• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Document Generation: Conditional Content with table cells

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found that when using the Conditional Content feature and inserting the condition inside of a table cell, the conditional-section gets rendered in the PDF output. If the same conditional section is used in a normal paragraph it gets evaluated correctly.  If this is the expected behaviour then this is a major limitation of the service. 

Word Template:

bruceb92825582_1-1652278328409.png

Rendered PDF:

bruceb92825582_0-1652278295170.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize, but yes, it is a known (and internally reported), limitation. If I get an update, I'll share.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're running into the same limitation. Is there any solution for this yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet. Obviously you could do it yourself before sending the data. So for example, if you want to conditionally change text in rows of data, you can process that before sending it to the API.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this been resolved? I still seem to be having the issue and this was reported over a year ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We should have a resolution very soon for this - can't say specifically, but very soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue.. it's pretty obscene that it takes 2 years to resolve something as simple as adding a line break in a table cell.. @Raymond Camden any updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check out the new table tags - it should correct this issue. 

https://developer.adobe.com/document-services/docs/overview/document-generation-api/tablewithmarkers...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources