• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

does sdk stored file and file mata data to adobe cloud ?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently build a POC of view sdk. I found that adobe skd captured some events for analytics purpose and also saved user setting if user is already logged in. What to understand more about that does adobe also saved to files to adobe cloud ? We don't want to stored application data out side of our application. 

Can you confirm that adobe is not storing any file related information on their cloud ? 

TOPICS
General , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

View SDK never shares user generated content with Adobe servers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arpit,

No, we don't send files to the cloud. 

Thanks,

Varinder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reply !

May I get any documentation link which has info about what all information will be stored on events and profile settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arpit,

Good point, as of now we don't have any such document. But I will add this to our backlog and we will get back to you as and when we have this ready

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe DC View SDK doesn't store any user data on its servers. Please also note that View SDK doesn't need any user log-in. Could you describe why did you need log-in? View SDK stores user settings in client side brwoser's local storage for things such as color for annotation. As far as analytics is concerned, View SDK ONLY gathers standard anonymous usage. It doesn't store any user generated content in analytics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Brajesh for replying. its really helpful.
Yes, you are right sdk doesn't required user to login but I want to understand that what if user logged in with adobe account. For the analytics questions, I guess with anonymous usage contains data parameters like  locations, timezone,pdf file lang, file name, file size, no of pages etc. am I following in right direction ?

Thanks !
Arpit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Arpit. Your understanding is correct about analytics. Besides file information, View SDK also gathers UI events like clicking a button or highlighting text or for that matter initiate search in the document. This helps us know what all features are used and to what extent. It also gives us opportunity to optimize the overall expereince. As far as log-in is concerened, for View SDK it's immaterial and hence View SDK won't store any information. I would like to thank you for considering View SDK for your need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So for further detail, I can say that SDK capture the events like user intiates the search or highlight the text but actual search phrase and highlighted text will not be captured with events data. correct?
Also to determine the file lang, do you need to process the contents of file ?
I am very thankful for all your help and time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, no user content incuding highlighted text or search term will be ever stored. Currently we are not stroing language but there are many ways available in PDF specification like font dictionary over and above usual content processing to figure out the locale.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for confirming that none of the user content gets stored. Now, I just wanted to know if the actual search phrases or the actual highlighted text travels to your servers for content-processing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

View SDK never shares user generated content with Adobe servers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Brajesh for replying. its really helpful! I think I have enough informtion now.
Thank you so much !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Brajesh,
I want to understand about how long  [the retention time period]  the anonymous data will be stored especially  event data like User agent, date-time , locale ,Session_id etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Arpit,

Adobe's internal policy restricts me from sharing any additional information about retention period of anonymous data but I can share that we retain it for longer duration.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources