Empty response from PDF Extract API

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've been testing Adobe PDF Extract API to extract table information from PDFs using the code samples provided by Adobe. It has been working good for almost 80% of the files we tested, but for the rest 20%, we keep getting empty results (already checked that the PDF contains information to be extracted). There's no error response, we even get a json file, but without extracted info or tables.

We tested the following appoaches:
1. Extracting tables (it's already a searchable PDF)
2. Running OCR and then extracting table (just to confirm)
We got empty results for both cases on that PDF files. Has anyone experienced this? Is there a workaround?

Views

72

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

If you're comfortable providing the problematic PDF files, we can take a look at what's going on.

Feel free to email me at aft14024@adobe.com 

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the response @Kyle Julé ! I'll obfuscate the personal data and share with you next week.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources