Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extract embedded excel file from pdf

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gurus,

I receive a pdf file with an embedded Microsoft Excel file.  I would like to save the embedded file somewhere for further processing in Power BI.  Here is the kicker; I want to automate this process.  I don't want to have to open the pdf file, open the excel document, then save it somewhere.  I am already using Power Automate to save the pdf somewhere, but I'd like a solution to complete the workflow i.e., save the embedded excel file somewhere.  The pdf file is just the wrapper, it's really the excel file I want.

Alden21815180ox16_0-1637375557825.png

Thanks,

Alden.

TOPICS
Document Generation API , PDF Embed API , PDF Extract API , PDF Services API , Power Automate

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Hi @Alden21815180ox16 ,

Our APIs do not currently offer ability to extract the embedded Excel file programmatically via Power Automate, but I have passed on your suggestion to the product team.

Your best option for getting the PDF is to open the PDF in Acrobat Reader or Acrobat and use the Attachments panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Has there been any updates on this since 2021? I've encounted the exact same issue.

Thanks, 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Alden21815180ox16 ,

Our APIs do not currently offer ability to extract the embedded Excel file programmatically via Power Automate, but I have passed on your suggestion to the product team.

Your best option for getting the PDF is to open the PDF in Acrobat Reader or Acrobat and use the Attachments panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ben Vanderberg ,
 Is there an option to Embed xml to PDF via Power Automate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Has there been any updates on this since 2021? I've encounted the exact same issue.

Thanks, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources