Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GDPR compliance and US Presidential Act

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Seems i've stumbled across the most uncommon and hard to answer question ever. So far chat support has given up. 

Hope maybe someone here stumbled across the same question: 

We intend to use the Adobe Document Generator API to create digital documents such as order confirmations, invoices and so on. Now that means that there's customer data (subject to GDPR) being processed trough the Adobe Cloud. 

As a US based company Adobe is subject to the Presidential Act hence in theory could be forced to hand out data to the US govement which would include their clients data which then obviously would breach our local GDPR rules. 

Question: Is there any documentation or official statement from Adobe as to how they deal with that challange ? A.i. no data is stored in that process at all, data is encrypted/inaccessible for Adobe themselves and so on. Any hint would be much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Adobe Document Services Security Overview White Paper has all of the public information we have on security. I didn't see anything specifically for GDPR though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources