• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to parse JSON output from Adobe Services Extract in Microsoft Power Automate

Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are wanting to parse a PDF email attachment, extracting specific text and putting it into a SQL Server database. 

I'm using Adobe Services "Extract PDF Structure in JSON File" in a Microsoft Power Automate Flow.  The output is outputs('Extract_PDF_Structure_in_a_JSON_File')?['body/jsonFileContent'], which is unreadable.  How do I convert that to something I can work with?

Also, I was able to output that to a JSON file.  I don't know much about JSON.  When I open the file in Notepad++ I see there are four sections, "pages", "extended_metadata", "elements", and "version".  I only need the data in the "elements" section, and that section is a JSON array.

Richtpt_0-1648055216967.png

In the "elements" array the fields I need are all called "Text":

Richtpt_1-1648055233884.png

Any suggestions how to get this data so I can put it into a database?  Thanks!

Here's my flow:

Richtpt_2-1648055256818.png

And the run:

Richtpt_3-1648055275127.png

TOPICS
PDF Services API , Power Automate

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

I have figured this out.

I have a Compose action to convert the Extract output - base64ToString(output).

A second Compose to convert that to JSON.

Then a select to get the 'elements' values I need.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have figured this out.

I have a Compose action to convert the Extract output - base64ToString(output).

A second Compose to convert that to JSON.

Then a select to get the 'elements' values I need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad here you found the solution. The other option is you can use Extract PDF Structure in a JSON Object, which will return in the body the JSON that you can then use a Parse JSON action to use in the rest of your flow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a similar flow - using the Extract to JSON (both object and tried with file) but when I inspected the contents of the JSON text, I do not see any values that were supplied to the fillable PDF. Searching for things known in the PDF (an amount field, name field, signature printed field) and nothing seems to be getting extracted. Any thoughts on why this is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources