• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MS Word-- Automatic TOC/Pagination using the Doc Generator API?

Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a modest amount of experience with markdown-->html-->pdf using puppeteer etc. but for speed to market the Adobe Doc APIs services can't be beat. Still, I can't seem to find any mention of code or mechanism to create a TOC in MS Word.  Any advice would be much appreciated.

TOPICS
Document Generation API , General , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain a bit more? Word has a TOC feature built in to generate one, but are you talking about... going from PDF to Word _and_ adding a TOC while doing so?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apologies for not being clearer.  I am using AWS Eventbridge | Step Functions | Lambda to set up a report writer.  You are correct I am trying to use the document generator API to go from MS Word Template to PDF.  Although the Adobe docs and your medium.com posts are outstanding, I haven't been able to find a way to create a ToC. I likely missed something.

Do I need to create a separate script and run it pre-final rendering? In another framework I tested and passed on (jsreports.org) there were script setups for pre-processing and post-processing.

I am somewhat of a noob on MS Word having spent over 10 years using Ubuntu Linux/Libreoffice writer.

Thanks in advance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources