• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Embed API : No Download option in iOS

Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to embed the pdf in sized container.

I have observed the Download option is coming for Andriod but not for iOS.

I have checked the Demo page and i can observe the Download option is not coming if i choose iPhone X device.

TOPICS
PDF Embed API

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

We have added this request to the product backlog. Unfortunately, I can't provide any date, but we will let you know once this feature is in place. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We desperately needed this feature ASAP. Please guide whom to reach out for this feature ? or where to raise feature request ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for using PDF Embed API.

In the current implementation, download PDF option is not available on iOS devices. We will consider this request for our future releases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Sumona Ghosh ,

As of now we are stuck here. Is there anyway this feature will be added soon ?

we need  this for a key functionality in a website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have added this request to the product backlog. Unfortunately, I can't provide any date, but we will let you know once this feature is in place. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,
Bumping this thread. Any update on the above issue.(Download option not available in IOS devices)

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not at this time - but have you tried including a link to the PDF? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the meantime, you can use regular HTML to link to the PDF and add the download attribute. This will force the PDF to download and not render. Details here: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/a#attr-download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any update for download feature on ios? @Raymond Camden . <a href download> doesn't wok for ios apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

None and not planned as far as I know. If <a download> isn't working,  you may have to rely on a regular link, asking the user to download the PDF when viewed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sumona Ghosh / @Raymond Camden 

Are there any licensing costs involved in this Embed SDK API now or in the future releases ? 

Is this API free for unlimited calls ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current services available in the PDF Embed API are free to use; no limitations on the number of calls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources