Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Embed API throwing corrupt file error from .wasm file

Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have been using the PDF Embed API on my website for a while now and it has been working perfectly until this past week. Here is a quick overview of my usecase so that you can better understand my problem.

1. I generate a new PDF file from a PDF template file on my Python backend via a few different open source PDF manipulation libraries.

2. The Python libraries allow me to fill in the PDF template file fields with some data. (The PDF template file is a an acrobat form)

3. After this my client side application loads the PDF embed SDK and renders the newly generated PDF form which allows users to continue editing the form fields.

This process has been working for me for several months and just this past week the PDF Embed SDK started throwing a new error. The error is being thrown from a Web Assembly file and is something along the lines of stating that the file is corrupt. The file loads fine into the PDF Embed iFrame but the form fields are no longer visible nor editable.

Nothing was modified on my server side and even older generated files which have already been edited in the PDF Embed iFrame are showing the same error. It seems that some code was changed on the Embed API side and I was wondering if this issue can be looked into and fixed. If anyone from the Adobe team has any information on this bug, I'd really appreciate it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, sorry to hear that you're facing this issue.

Please share a sample PDF which you're trying to render in Step 3. This will help us in debugging the issue.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sumona,

Thanks for your response. I've attached a PDF containing a prepopulated acro form that will be readable and editable in a traditional PDF editing application as well as Google Chrome browser. However, as you will see, the form is not readable nor editable in the PDF embed due to an error thrown from one of the SDK's .wasm files. This was working fine just early last week, so any update on this to fix it, would be amazing.

thanks,

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan,

Thank you for sharing the PDF. We have taken note of the issue and will try to resolve it soon. Please keep watching this space for updates.

Thanks for reporting the issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sumona,

Just wanted to check in and see if there was any progress made on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This issue is already raised with the product team and we are trying to get this resolved soon.

Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay thanks, is there any sort of timeline on when we might expect for this to be released?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bumping this up again. Is there any timeline on this?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, just checking on the status of this fix. Has there been any progress made on this?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sincere apologies for the delay in resolving this issue. We are working on this and will try to provide the fix as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sumona, 

Any update on the progress with this? Just trying to get an idea on a timeline and if we need to start looking for another solution.

Thanks,

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan,

Apologies for the delay. We have started working on this and you can expect the fix to be available in next month's release. Thanks for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response, I am looking forward to the release!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Sumona Ghosh 

Will this also resolve this issue as well as we are facing this for Embed APIs https://community.adobe.com/t5/document-services-apis/pdf-version-compatibility/td-p/12206129

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this released yet? @Sumona Ghosh 

If not, when can we expect it to be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are actively working on the fix and will try to roll it out in the next month's release.

Thanks for your patience!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sumona, was this released?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @DanC0dez , we are working on the fix but unfortunately it's taking more time than expected. Really sorry for the inconvenience. We will try to resolve this as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Sumona Ghosh any update here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bumping this up @Sumona Ghosh 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It aint getting fixed broham.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the free bump. Any updates on this yet? @Sumona Ghosh 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @DanC0dez, I'm really sorry for the delay in resolving this issue. We understand that this has been going on for a long time. We faced some unexpected issues while fixing this and hence the delay. Please know that we are working on the fix and will definitely try to release it as soon as possible, possibly in the next month.

Thanks for your patience!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Sumona Ghosh is there any update on the fix? This is super critical for my teams day to day workflows. 

If not do you have any new date for when it will be completed by? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @FarabiXYZ , we are planning to release the fix next week. I will keep you posted.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources