• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Embed API - viewer.js and cover page

Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the new "viewer.js" update we can start the viewer in TWO_COLUMN_FIT_PAGE, which is very nice 🙂

The problem is that we also need "Show Cover Page" to be on by default

I haven't found any setting/setup for this and neither any API call. If there was an API call I could load the PDF, then switch to "TWO_COLUMN_FIT_PAGE" and then "Show Cover Page" through the API when it is done

It would also be nice to be able to hide this function / types, e.g. either you see "single pages" or "spreads with cover-page".

Anyone know how to achieve this?

TOPICS
PDF Embed API

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like a good idea so I reported it internally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've had good feedback so far on the new API from our users, but the number one question/feedback by far is "we need spreads with cover page as the default"

Any idea when we can expect this? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ability to show "page spreads with cover page by default" is crucial for anyone who wants to embed a book PDF on their page — i.e. a viewer that respects the book's full layout by preserving page spreads, not just displaying single pages. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm echoing that this is a crucial setting in order for my portfolio to be displayed properly by default. This thread is from 2022, but I have been unable to find any updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources