how to use PDF Embed API on my local server with IP address example 

http://172.16.112.83:1100/myfile.pdf

TOPICS
PDF Embed API

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you registered and gotten a clientID?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My application runs on an IP address on local server, so I tried to get clientID but unable to get for the IP 172.16.112.83

Untitled.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear sir

I have credentials for localhost but when I run application on server having IP address pdf doesn't load because of credentials.

Kindly suggest how to get credentials for an IP address?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please suggest how to get credentials for the IP address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you think you can get credentials for an IP address, when the form only mentions name?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My application is running on an intranet IP address we don't have a domain name. so for using embed PDF API I need the credential else it will not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why aren't you using "localhost" since you applied for credentials for that name. Names must match, localhost is the universal method of doing this if the server is on the same machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can use localhost for viewing pdf on that particular server using localhost but our team members also use the same application for view pdf using the IP address of the server but then the pdf does not load for others as they can access the server through only IP address not using localhost.

Any help will be appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then, I would say, you need to get credentials for a specific hostname, and set up that hostname on your local net. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im facing this same problem, have you had any resolve?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No solution found yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave a solution 8 months ago: "Then, I would say, you need to get credentials for a specific hostname, and set up that hostname on your local net. " If the solution is not appropriate, you should say so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My application is intranet application and won't have access to internet, so I won't be able to use url https://documentcloud.adobe.com/view-sdk/main.js, then what should I do? I tried to download js and check if it works, but its not working. I think, its obivious because it might be checking the client id online, but how to handle the situation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Clearly it's not going to work if your application can't access that URL, since offline access is not possible. (This was discussed in a very recent reply, I assume it's correct). You need different tools, I would say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to use PDF Embed API.
Is there still an issue with creating an API Key linked with localhost?

localhostIsInvalid.png

Ideally I would like a clientKey that works against localhost and against the domain of the public web server so that I don't need to change code when publishing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having this same problem, have you had any resolved? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

edita tu archivo HOST  en tu maquina

• Windows 10 – “C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts”

• Linux – “/etc/hosts”

• Mac OS X – “/private/etc/hosts”

•  

y agrega el dominio que tu quieres por ejemplo en windows seria

172.16.112.83 mipaginalocal.com

asi tendras un dominio que solo fincionara en tu maquina, agrega este dominio a Document Services APIs para recuperar tu API KEY. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources