• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Services API quota run out, can't buy any units as international user.

Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a massive disappointment! I've been developing my own software to use the PDF Services API for two months now. Just before going live, my 1000 quota runs out. I get an Email that sends me over to Amazon AWS, to buy new units. I don't even use AWS. After the most laborious registration process ever, I get told I can't buy any new units as my Geo Location (Switzerland) is not recognised in Amazon AWS!! Customer Care is not answering my emails, the Abode Chat Bot took one hour to connect with somebody who thought my Cloud Drive was full! What the hell is going on? How can expect to charge us $0.05 for such a miserable customer service and I can't even finish developing my app.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Bobby_Solo,
Thanks for your feedback, and sorry to hear you had such a frustrating experience. Our offering is on the AWS Marketplace, this is simply a commercial store where you are billed - this has nothing to do with the AWS infrastructure.

Unfortunately it is limited to geography. Can you please fill out this form (https://developer.adobe.com/document-services/pricing/contacts/) and include the number of transactions you intend to purchase? We can make exceptions on enterprise licenses where you purchase directly from Adobe to geo-restricted folks, but you will need to purchase a minimum of 100,000 transactions/annum.

Look forward to connecting further and hopefully making this work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunatly even the link is frustrating and form can't be sent as it says "Please describe what your application intends to achieve" even though it's filled in. What am I missing here?

sho.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't quite read it, but does the last line of the error really say "Please use only letters"... this is not good news for punctuation, or numbers. Indeed spaces are arguably forbidden.  UPDATE. I have tested the form. The following characters are allowed: unaccented letters; digits; punctuation .,-?

In your case brackets as in (Switzerland) will cause the error.

What a strange form design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well done, I din't spot that as it was particially covered up. Finally removed all punctution and got the form sent. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources