Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF tool API purchase details

Contributor ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I would like to purchase the PDF tool API, to perform OCR operation for high secure content scanned files. Could you please confirm the PDF tool API is secure to use in offline and I have referred the below link for detail:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/document-services-apis/faq-for-document-services-pdf-tools-api/m-p/10...

From the link, they mentioned the data will store temporarily in cloud and not permanently. Please confirm if any data secure issue will come if I supposed to purchase and use this?

TOPICS
PDF Services API

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your data is highly secure you need to look for a different solution. Adobe's solution moves your files to their servers, where the work is done, and returns it. This would not satisfy your company's security requirements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply,

Yes, Our content is more secure, the company policies won't allowed. 

I almost developed the tool using PDF tool API in node.js(trial version) for run the OCR. Why we prefered this option is because of Adobe support compared to other open source method for data secruity.

My need is the dropper tool while the user drag and drop the image files into the tool, the tool will run the OCR and save as searchable PDF. I have tried with Applescript to invoke via menus in Acrobat DC to run the OCR but it won't work. In Javascript there is no feasibility to run the OCR in Acrobat DC.

Could you please help me to back on track. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PDF Tools API is a SaaS offering. It doesn't work at all offline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for reply, 

Is there any options apart from PDF Tool API, to develop the tool which need to run the OCR operation in multiple language Scanned PDF file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources