PDF with period in title has issues

Participant ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

 

We have a PDF entitled

Impella Update: AIC v8.5 Software Update EU-EN

 

When displaying this PDF using the Embed API there are two issues:

1. The title is 'split' into two pieces which appears to be the main title and a subtitle. The split happens at the period

 

Screen Shot 2021-09-01 at 9.20.55 AM.png

 

2. When downloading the PDF, the pdf extension is not included on the file. A user is still able to open it, but on Windows they are asked which app to use in order to open it.

 

Are there any workarounds or preferred ways of dealing with this?

Thank you

Views

64

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be possible for you to share the PDF in question? I tried renaming one of my PDFs to the given name but wasn't able to reproduce the issue.

Screenshot 2021-09-03 at 8.40.06 PM.png

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The filename of the actual pdf is not the one I gave. The url for the pdf is just a backend route that fetches the pdf. Perhaps the problem is when I set the 'displayName'. In the code below, meta.displayName = 'Impella Update: AIC v8.5 Software Update EU-EN'

 

    const previewFilePromise = this.adobeDCView.previewFile({
      /* Pass information on how to access the file */
      content: {
        /* Location of file where it is hosted */
        location: {
          url,
        },
      },
      /* Pass meta data of file */
      metaData: {
        fileName,
      },
    }, { dockPageControls: false, showAnnotationTools: false, ...viewerConfig });

 

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meant to write 'metaData.fileName' not 'meta.displayName'.

Thanks

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add .pdf extension in metaData.fileName.

 

metaData: {
   fileName: "Impella Update: AIC v8.5 Software Update EU-EN.pdf",
}

 

This should fix both the issues.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! This works well.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources