• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Protecting MY PDF file

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uploaded a large pdf file to my a weebly website.  However, when the file is opened by my website visitors, it opens based on which browser and adobe viewer the user has in his/her computer.

What I am seeking is a way to have the PDF file open the exact way it does on my computer which allows the file to be searched by key word and/or phrase, which produces a search result that contains words both before and after the search term.  I have read something about Adobe PDF Embed API but this is way above my level.

Also, I don't want the user to be able to download the file but I do want the user to be able to print selected pages.

Question:  Is this possible and if so, does anyone know how/where I can hire the right individual to perform this service? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

test

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible to do what you want but if Adobe PDF Embed API  is way above your level, you're going to need help. The Extract API can be used in conjunction with the Embed API to do create the feature that you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this something that you can do for me, for a fee?

My project is trying to let my customers open up (without downloading/saving) and use my protected PDF file, which I am currently updating and will have about 5,000 pages.  The file represents about 200 similar/quarterly publications which I have all linked together to make one searchable file.

Vic T

732 773-4657

vtreglia@yahoo.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could... but I'm considerably more expensive than other consultants that are capable of this level of integration. It's a fairly lightweight project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the info.  Do you know a good way to have my project completed for a reasonable price, where to post an add?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources