Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Show annotations from other users

Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Just a newbie here, I'm trying to play with this sample:

https://codepen.io/practicalPDF/pen/dyGBQqJ

Is it possible to show annotations from other users instantly (like the sample above) but using a different browser instead of in the same page?

Hope the gurus notice my question. Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am new here, Ijust started working on the same thing! and I will try to upload the codes here when i finish.

I think we need to do this:

1- Create the data model based on the `Annotations Data Model` https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/dcsdk_io/viewSDK/howtos_comments.html#annotation-schema

2- When we have the tables in db, we need to add the service endpoints for the incoming request from the Adobe Embed API from the UI (in our case angular)

3- Use the sample codes provided in this forum which contains the blue print for sending the annotations to server and listen to them(it is called annotation crud api angular sample).

4- The last part is loading the annotations from other users on the same file. I think we need to use HttpSocket to push the new annotations to whoever having the pdf open using this Adobe Embed PDF API.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources