• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When using the Adobe sign REST api to sign transient documents, how do I set the signature location?

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PDF document that's been prepared ahead of time with a number of textboxes pre-filled with data.

I then send it to the Adobe REST API as a transient document to be signed using the adobe sign service.  

The problem I'm having is that Adobe Sign is adding a blank page and adding a signature box there, instead of using the signature box that's already on the pdf form.  Looks like this:

example.png

After reading through the tutorials, I thought I could specify the signature location by labeling the text field as {{Submitter Signature_es_:signature}} which looks like this in Adobe DC:

Untitled-1.png

But it still adds a blank page with just a single signature.  

I can see that there's a way to specify the location in the JSON payload that gets sent along with the transient document.  Is that the only way to specify where the signature is on the document?  Is there anyway for me to specify in Adobe DC which field is the signature field?

Thank you for any help or suggestions.  

-Nathan

TOPICS
PDF Services API

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When naming fields in Acrobat using the Adobe Sign tags, you don't need the curly braces.  Otherwise you can follow the tagging guide as normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback.  I removed the curly braces and it still added a new page.  I didn't see in the documentation how to name the signature field, but maybe I missed that?  

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To prevent a page from being added, you need to either add a signature block or add signature and email fields for which are the two required fields for an agreement for each signer. When the two required fields aren't present, an additional page gets added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I put a signature block, and it still ignored the location.  

So when you say that the two required fields need to be in agreement, do you mean the name has to match, or it has to the have the recipeients email in the box listed below?

Screenshot 2021-08-13 142322.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources