• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A way to set up user-based authentication/authorization for View SDK pdf preview for sensitive PDFs?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm currently building a website that uses View SDK to preview PDFs in-line.

Some of these PDFs contain sensitive information though and I've password-protected them at the file level.

This works as expected.  But I've noticed that if I navigate away from the file (load the "adobe-dc-view" div with another PDF) and then return to password-protected file later, I'll be prompted for the password again.  Eg.

r002_0-1590996173247.png

I am wondering if there's a way for the Adobe View Previewer to somehow "remember" that credentials have already been provided?  That way, once the user gives the password once, s/he never needs to do so again.

Furthermore-- What are my options in the Adobe ecosystem if I'm interested in setting up my website so a user can login once and then view all PDFs that s/he is authorized to view?  In other words-- I don't want to apply password protection at the file-level.  Instead, I want to set up some sort of "sitewide, organization-authentication/authorization" scheme.

Can you please point me in the right direciton?  What are my options in the Adobe ecosystem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Currently it is not possible to achieve the behavior you have asked for.
But Thank you for your advice. We are grateful to hear your point. This will help us in considering new possible requirements in future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources